Checks may be deposited through our mobile app, and not via our website nor by being sent to HMBradley or Hatch Bank. You can download our mobile app on the Apple App Store or on Google Play. If you already have the app, you may need to update to the most recent version to deposit checks.
Each deposit flow allows one (1) check but there is no limit to how many checks you may deposit in one day. There is, however, a daily deposit limit of $2,500 that will reset at midnight each day (Pacific Time) and a monthly deposit limit of $10,000 that resets at the start of a new statement cycle. We may change the daily and statement cycle limits at our discretion.
Preparing the check for best results
- Make sure the maker of the check has written the check clearly in dark blue/black ink.
- Make sure each payee signs the back of the check with the following restrictive endorsement written below the signatures of the last payee: “For mobile deposit only”.
Depositing a check
1. Open the mobile app (you may need to update the app to the most recent version).
2. Open up the sidebar (icon on top left of screen) and select Mobile Deposit.
3. Input the check amount.
4. Select which account to deposit to.
5. Use your phone to take a clear photo of the front and back of the check. For best results, set the check on a flat dark surface, and make sure all four corners are visible.
6. Confirm your deposit details: amount, account, and images.
7. Submit your deposit.
Review the Deposit Agreement and Disclosures for other mobile check deposit terms.
See section 4.07 of the Deposit Agreement and Disclosures for the terms and conditions for mobile check deposit, including kinds of checks that can be deposited, limits, fees, your representations, warranties, and indemnification regarding checks deposited using the mobile app, required endorsements, our right to limit, suspend or terminate your use of mobile check deposit, and our right to convert the check to a substitute check.